The RSA Europe at the 2020 #EURegionsWeek
As in previous years, the RSA’s European Foundation (RSA Europe) was a key partner during the #EURegionsWeek, a major annual events programme dedicated to regional policy during which cities and regions showcase their capacity to create growth and jobs, to implement European Union cohesion policy and to present case studies of local and regional governance. In addition, the events also offered ample opportunities for knowledge exchange between academics and policymakers. In response to the Covid-19 crisis and restrictions put in place around the world and to limit the spread of the virus, this year the European Week of Regions and Cities was held as a virtual-only event.
The RSA Europe was involved in a number of #EURegionsWeek sessions: 3 #EURegionsWeekCollege sessions, 10 #EURegionsWeekUniversity sessions and the Q&A session.
The recording of these sessions are now available on the REPLAY section of the event web:
- #EURegionsWeek: Are policy makers alone in charting recovery from crisis? How researchers can help – https://euregionsweek2020-video.eu/video/are-policy-makers-alone-in-charting-recovery-from-crisis-how-researchers-can-help
- #EURegionsWeekCollege: Financing the Green Transition: the Role of EU Cohesion Policy – https://euregionsweek2020-video.eu/video/euregionsweekcollege-financing-the-green-transition-the-role-of-eu-cohesion-policy
- #EURegionsWeekUniversity: Is circular economy the future of our regions? – https://euregionsweek2020-video.eu/video/euregionsweekuniversity-is-circular-economy-the-future-of-our-regions
- #EURegionsWeekUniversity: Boosting Startups and Scale-ups – https://euregionsweek2020-video.eu/video/euregionsweekuniversity-boosting-startups-and-scale-ups
- #EURegionsWeekUniversity: A Territorial Agenda 2030 for Cohesion? – https://euregionsweek2020-video.eu/video/euregionsweekuniversity-a-territorial-agenda-2030-for-cohesion
- #EURegionsWeekUniversity: Refugees’ crisis: economic and social impacts – https://euregionsweek2020-video.eu/video/euregionsweekuniversity-refugees-crisis-economic-and-social-impacts
- #EURegionsWeekUniversity: Pandemics, Cities, Regions and Industry – https://euregionsweek2020-video.eu/video/euregionsweekuniversity-pandemics-cities-regions-and-industry
- #EURegionsWeekUniversity: Applying a gender lens to Cohesion Policy: What framework for equal opportunities? – https://euregionsweek2020-video.eu/video/euregionsweekuniversity-applying-a-gender-lens-to-cohesion-policy-what-framework-for-equal-opportunities
- #EURegionsWeekUniversity: Regional Policies for the Green Deal – https://euregionsweek2020-video.eu/video/euregionsweekuniversity-regional-policies-for-the-green-deal
- #EURegionsWeekUniversity: Localised Trends and Strategies for SDGs – https://euregionsweek2020-video.eu/video/euregionsweekuniversity-localised-trends-and-strategies-for-sdgs
- #EURegionsWeekUniversity: A New European Industrial Strategy oriented towards citizens and the territory – https://euregionsweek2020-video.eu/video/euregionsweekuniversity-a-new-european-industrial-strategy-oriented-towards-citizens-and-the-territory
- #EURegionsWeekUniversity: Commons in European cities – https://euregionsweek2020-video.eu/video/euregionsweekuniversity-commons-in-european-cities
Both #EURegionsWeekCollege and #EURegionsWeekUniversity Webinar Series were organised by the European Commission, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO) and the European Committee of the Regions (CoR), advised by the Regional Studies Association European Foundation (RSA Europe), and with the cooperation of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) and the Association of European Schools of Planning (AESOP).